Professional Pet Grooming in Wilton, NY
At Paws N’ Claws, our professional groomer, Molly Forbes, performs specialty cuts, shaves, and bathing services for dogs. Whether your dog is a breed with continuously growing hair or not, pet grooming can be a highly valuable service that improves their well-being, health, and quality of life. Paws N’ Claws is right next to Saratoga Animal Hospital and is connected in the back, so your pet is never far from high-quality veterinary care.
Benefits of Grooming
Grooming and bathing have benefits that go far beyond good looks. Some of these include:
- Keeping the coat and skin healthy
- Removing matting, which can be painful and decrease blood circulation
- Discovering skin problems such as lumps, bumps, and parasites sooner rather than later
- Controlling shedding
- Maintaining nails and paw pads
- Removing dead hair and skin cells
- Helping pets become more comfortable with being handled by vets, too
Our Grooming Services
As a professional groomer, Molly has the experience to handle all kinds of different breeds, as well as dogs who may be more nervous than others. Some of the services she performs include:
- Brush and blowout
- Hand scissoring
- Hand stripping
- Breed-specific show cuts
- Nail grinding/clipping
- Shave downs
- And more!
If your pet is anxious, fearful, or sensitive, please contact us at (518) 583-2731. We’ll try to help your pet relax during grooming using low-stress handling and other gentle techniques.
To set up a pet grooming appointment, we’ll need to know a few things about your pet first:
- Their breed
- Approximate weight
- What services and style of cut you’re looking for
- Whether they are parasite-free
- Are up-to-date on their rabies vaccine*
*You’ll need to bring proof of vaccination to your appointment.
If you have any questions before your visit, please don’t hesitate to call us at (518) 583-2731!